Ford Forums banner

Falcon TE50 Tremec Gearbox Issue

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  VenomTE50 
#1 ·
About 3 months ago I purchased a manual TE50. I have travelled 3500 km and the car has developed a terrible knocking through the gearbox only at idle. Ford tells me that this is normal for the Tremec box. They can't be serious. This is spoiling a brilliant car for me.

#2 ·
I've heard about that too... and yeah, Ford says this is normal... apparently its on all Tremec box and the knocking will be on the BA's as well... they didnt really tell me why it happens, just that it does...

sad but true...

#4 ·
Manual Tremec Box TE50

Noticed your concerns on the forum regarding the Tremec 3650 Gearbox.
Our race engineer maybe able to give you some advice on how to overcome your problem.
Please contact me during business hours and i will give you his contact details.

Regards
Jon
Team Manager/ Team Yamaha
Phone: 0438 537 048

#6 ·
please let us know what happens as I am looking at buying a new TE50 myself and would like to know how it pans out...

cheers,

dave

#7 ·
i got the same problem in my BA XR8

#8 ·
My 3650 has a noticeable vibe through the shifter and the clutch pedal - very strange. I was going to have it looked at. When you find out what it is post in the main ff.com forums too please.

#11 ·
TE50 Tremec box noise !

I have been told it is normal as well, seems to stop when the clutch is in at idle. Anyway its one of those little sounds you get used to. Small price to pay for a lot of fun so far.
I am onto my 2nd fuel pump now which seems to be another issue, with under 1/2 tank of fuel it would cut out at about 4 grand when I flattend it in first gear.

www.jettin.com.au

#14 ·
Cooch, the tremec box noise (actually driveline noise) that annoys me most is the backlash clunking when powering on & off in stop start traffic. Clunk, clunk, clunk. I too can put up with the rattle at idle (not that I think we should have to put up with it).

#15 ·
Clunk Clunk !

yeh can be a bit of a hassle in peak hour driving, I guess its the price you pay for a solid driveline, we might consider getting an auto next time...but it would need at least 300kw plus to be as quick as a manual t-series....maybe a GT with minus 200kg ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.