Ford Forums banner

Ford 4 speed AOD Trans

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  xafalcon 
#1 ·
Please someone help!

I have to urgently get hold of a safety natural switch / reverse light switch, for a pre electronic Ford 4 speed AOD Trans.

I have had so much trouble tyring to find one in Australia and I don't know where else to look. I desperately need it urgently and I would be extremely appreciative for any help you may be able to offer.

I also urgently need the wiring loom plug connector too?

While I didn't see any part number on that switch I can describe it to you. It is a long round cylinder type thing with a smaller circle pin sticking out of the bottom that is the switching bit, with the thread just above this bit that your screw in to the box. The very top of the whole unit has in a round circle form the connecting pin's with a plastic bit on one side for the plug to click on to and hold it in place. I hope this helps, if not I can ask my friend to put it back up on the hoist and take the broken switch I have out and take a photo of it. I was told the box came out of an mid 80's Mustang or F series Truck.

Thanks again, and I eagerly look forward to hearing back form you.

Francis.

If this helps you, I have been told by a Trans place in the states.

The AOD transmission was used in almost all American and Canada rear wheel drive Ford vehicles from late 1981 through early 1993. All the Mustangs had them in those years and I think all the F series trucks too.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.