Ford Not Coming To Party For New Gearbox For Orsmxr - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 04:37   #1 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

Ford Not Coming To Party For New Gearbox For Orsmxr

Hi guys, damage report 5 teeth missing off 2nd gear, damage to most of the sincroz, at the start blaming me for damage but later found out the sincro gears must have come out of alignment for this to damage so much.

So ford still cant give me a time on which the parts will be getting here as they are on back order, which they tell me they could be on a plane or at fords or maybe they are still in the states,so then said not good enough want new box as dont l want a recondition box, which bayfords said we are not putting new one as it is more cost efective to rebuild ( dont worry about how long its going to take) so i now have crc involved which have given dealership till tomorrow morning to tell us how far away the car is to be fixed.

Also asked them if the drive line shunt has anything to do with the damage caused and he said dont think it would have any effect so its up in the air what caused this prob.
ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 06:13   #2 (permalink)
rod

Re: Ford Not Coming To Party For New Gearbox For Orsmxr

i would have thought that they would have just put a new box in it, i for one would not be happy with a rebuild if it has done as much damage as you say because all the broken teeth would have gone right through the box causing untold damage

anybody else have this much trouble getting warranty repairs done on there BA's

this could make or break the sales of the BA 2 because if a lot of people are having problems with there cars now & are not able to get warranty or have trouble getting repairs done under warranty then that info will filter out to the general public & they will have second thoughts about buying the cars even thought they are a great car

regards
rod
Old 05-26-2004, 06:20   #3 (permalink)
gone

Last time I blew a Box.. it was my fault, and yes that weak 2nd gear ling was the bugger!

Though I had it shipped from tassi and reported in a matter of weeks..

Sorry couldnt help
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 19:58   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod
i would have thought that they would have just put a new box in it, i for one would not be happy with a rebuild if it has done as much damage as you say because all the broken teeth would have gone right through the box causing untold damage

this could make or break the sales of the BA 2 because if a lot of people are having problems with there cars now & are not able to get warranty or have trouble getting repairs done under warranty then that info will filter out to the general public & they will have second thoughts about buying the cars even thought they are a great car

regards
rod
I agree with Rod....replacing the gear only is not good enough. The bearings and other gears will most likely be damaged from fine particles of hardened steel.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 20:49   #5 (permalink)

I suppose there is always a fine line as to who's fault it is when something breaks down, and it must be a difficult discision by the dealership to determine the faults but lets face it they're in the knowhow and usually can determine the breakage and how it could have happened.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 00:14   #6 (permalink)
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD

Sting them for a loan car, when i did my diff, Holden gave me a VX V6 woo hoo.
Sorry to hear bro

Simon

12.92 @ 110.1mph 2.12 60' FULL STREET TRIM. Period!!

The real "BLACK BETTY" (tm)

TeamKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:41   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod

regards
rod

Sad but true Rod, l for one wont be buying again. Euro for our next car and maybe in a few years come back and see if Ford have got the message yet that the customer isnt stupid and that without us, they dont exist.

l worry that Fords attitude and some of the common problems with these cars are going to hurt us all at resale time, hence we ultimatly pay for Fords dsiregard for the customer in the first place.
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:48   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod
rod
YUP!!! would you call being told that no more work would be carried out on your car until the original exhaust was re-fitted as FPV's engineers said the Herrod exhaust was causing the ticking noise much trouble in getting warranty repairs done?
yatesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 06:41   #9 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

well guys going to head office on Monday to see if l can resolve this problem as talking on the phone is getting me nowhere (my stress levels are getting very high since i have bought this headache)
Old 06-03-2004, 06:07   #10 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

WELL guys went to head office problem fixed in five minutes car was back together in a day and a half replaced second gear but when driving the box is noisey and rattles have gotten louder spoke to dealer for new box find out sometime this week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline