Can any one give a diagnosis on my problem.
1. Hard/Impossible to get into gears when driving
2. No use of clutch, as it hits the floor and nothing happens
3. Clutch pedal is sitting close to floor, about an inch lower than the brake (where as it used to be equal)
4. Hard to get into gears when stopped/engine off
5. When in low gear car starts in gear as if clutch pedal was not depressed (even when it is)
6. Impossible to get into reverse anytime.
7. When driving, it is possible to get into some gears but not others, but changes.
Basically i was in my car and i started not being able to use the gears, drove to a freinds place in 2nd, had a look to see what i could, then next day drove home. (it was fun driving to town traffic lights with no clutch and unable to change gears) I found stopping turning off the car, putting it in 1st or 2nd and starting in gear worked, but it did drain the battery.
Any pointers would be much appreciated
EAII Fairmont Ghia, 3.9Mpfi, Factory 5sp, LSD etc