Help on EA 4sp Auto stuffup!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2003, 20:31   #1 (permalink)

Help on EA 4sp Auto stuffup!!

Yesterday i just had my EA Mk2 4 Speed auto repaired, it basically needed a new pump seal and also had a new filter kit put in it and a selector seal replaced. Half way on our drive to Sale, the auto all of a sudden had trouble selecting gears, with it revving out before it could select it!! We limped into Warrigal where i found it was almost empty of auto fluid, i put 2 more litres in and hoped that could get us to sale and get it looked at in the morning, however it got worse and approx 10Km out it started again, after stopping a in petrol station, i was able to find that there is a small length of flexible hose that connects one of the auto fluid cooling pipe had a tiny split, which obviously under pressure had emptied the auto of fluid.... We ended up having to join the RACV (11pm!!) and get them out, jack the car up and we cut the split out of the pipe and repaired the job, the auto seemed to be ok them, no oil leaks or change problems...

My questions are

1. Is the company who repaired the auto responsible for this or is it bad luck? (the pipe was not in that great condition)

2. Could i have in any way screwed the auto, i know should have stoped there and then but being in the middle of no-where, we just had to take it easy to get to a town!!
mccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2003, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Help on EA 4sp Auto stuffup!!

Same thing happened to my mum's car last week. I replaced the hose and filled it up with 5 litres of fluid, no trouble since.

Should be fine.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 01:07   #3 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Re: Help on EA 4sp Auto stuffup!!

[QUOTE=mccann]

1. Is the company who repaired the auto responsible for this or is it bad luck? (the pipe was not in that great condition)

[QUOTE]

Depends what they did - they would probably just put it down to wear and tear and coincidence...you could always try, but IMO you would have a better chance at finding tits on a bull than getting them to pay for expenses......
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline