Ford Forums banner

Help!!! I put it in reverse and it goes forward???

13K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  YooperDave 
#1 ·
I put my truck which is a 99 ranger xlt super cab with a 3.0 4x4, i put it in reverse and it goes forward, i put it in neutral and it goes forward, i put it in drive and of course it goes forward? Whats goin on with it???

#2 ·
Sounds like the clutches in the transmission have welded themselves. I did this in a car I had once, when I put in in Neutral it would drive. Reverse the same.. everything you described. I lost Overdrive as well. One day I pad it in neutral and put the brake onand reved it. It went back to being normal for the day. then back to the same. Tran shop said I had broken the weld by stalling it up.

#3 ·
I'm tempted but I won't say anything...Haha

#5 ·
I had the same problem with my Ford Edge, my driveway is a little slope and when I put it in reverse recently it started to go forward, I had to chuck the wheel, and it was happening often, then I bought Rislone High Mileage Transmission Stop Slip with Leak Repair from Amazon, and it stopped and never happened again, so far its perfect, I put in reverse and foot off breaks and reverse, trust me , try this it will work