HELP! - turbo gear problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2003, 06:15   #1 (permalink)

confused HELP! - turbo gear problems

hey guys,
3 months ago i had received my december 2002 venom red xr6 turbo manual
now it is true that before i had taken ownership of this vehicle after it had been used as a test car to a very few number of people at the Ford dealer, but was only with 250km on the clock when i bought it.
i have recently noticed the crunching of my gears when changing from 4th to 5th. especially when doing above 110km/h. i was none too impressed
i had heard that this gearbox has received bad press but i found my gearbox to be without any of the notches that the media had bagged it for, and was very happy with it until the crunching stated to occour.
i called up ford and they sed that they will have someone come for a drive with me to see what needs to be done. the guy that came heard each time i engaged 5th gear the crunching. and this is not a case of me not knowing how to change gears because he had a go and the same result outcame.
the crunching was not effecting the drive of the car but it was something i shouldnt have to put up with, especially when testing the car's athletic abilities
so ford fitted a brand new gearbox in today, along with completing the 3000km check.
driving home tonight i engage 5th at 90km/h - no crunching! YES!!
i slow down, decide to retry, with a little more go this time, and engage 5th at about 120km/h. and wot do u kno? it crunched again. it has exactly the same problem with a brand new gearbox. every time egaging 5th i have to hear the gearbox's heartrenching cry of pain time n time again!
i hope ford hasnt jus TOLD me its new, and left the old one in there after they swore blak n blu it was a brand spanka. comon ford, what r u doing to me!!!
no manual should do this, especially one in a 240kw missile!
has anyone else heard of this? and if so, what was the problem and how do i fix it! any suggestions?
Venom XR Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline