Ford Forums banner

HELP! - turbo gear problems

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Venom XR Turbo 
#1 ·
hey guys,
3 months ago i had received my december 2002 venom red xr6 turbo manual
now it is true that before i had taken ownership of this vehicle after it had been used as a test car to a very few number of people at the Ford dealer, but was only with 250km on the clock when i bought it.
i have recently noticed the crunching of my gears when changing from 4th to 5th. especially when doing above 110km/h. i was none too impressed
i had heard that this gearbox has received bad press but i found my gearbox to be without any of the notches that the media had bagged it for, and was very happy with it until the crunching stated to occour.
i called up ford and they sed that they will have someone come for a drive with me to see what needs to be done. the guy that came heard each time i engaged 5th gear the crunching. and this is not a case of me not knowing how to change gears because he had a go and the same result outcame.
the crunching was not effecting the drive of the car but it was something i shouldnt have to put up with, especially when testing the car's athletic abilities
so ford fitted a brand new gearbox in today, along with completing the 3000km check.
driving home tonight i engage 5th at 90km/h - no crunching! YES!!
i slow down, decide to retry, with a little more go this time, and engage 5th at about 120km/h. and wot do u kno? it crunched again. it has exactly the same problem with a brand new gearbox. every time egaging 5th i have to hear the gearbox's heartrenching cry of pain time n time again!
i hope ford hasnt jus TOLD me its new, and left the old one in there after they swore blak n blu it was a brand spanka. comon ford, what r u doing to me!!!
no manual should do this, especially one in a 240kw missile!
has anyone else heard of this? and if so, what was the problem and how do i fix it! any suggestions?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.