How to make trans shift down sooner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2002, 11:15   #1 (permalink)
mingram

How to make trans shift down sooner

Hi,
My kickdown cable is broken inside the trans. I dont fancy taking the pan off just yet.

I used to have a TH400 trans with a 400Cube SBC and you could adjust a vacuum meter to shift whenever based on manifold vacuum.

Can anything similar to this be done on the EA, or do I have to drop the pan and fix/replace the kickdown cable?

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2002, 09:32   #2 (permalink)

re

Yes you do have to drop the pan and change the cable & if you have an EA with a 3 speed auto (non electronic gearbox) you can modify the shift by adjusting the vacum meter. If it's 4 speed electronic you will have to buy an afftermarket chip which will modify the pressure in your transmission thus giving you stronger shifts (it's like a stage one shift kit). How ever the best way to go about this is to fit a shift kit which is around $300 to $350 fitted which will improve the quality of the shifts & prolong the life of your transmission under hard driving....
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline