How to replace S5 solenoid?????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-21-05, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
How to replace S5 solenoid??????

Anybody out there able to explain how to replace , or own a diagram of the 4spd internals so i know where it's located.

I just had the box serviced (gasket kit etc) and didn't realise that the tranny dipstick was the same size etc as the one from the engine oil. (IT WAS AN ENGINE OIL DIPSTICK) 5inches shorter. So you can imagine how full the box would have been. It got drained 2 days later when the penny dropped it was the wrong one but now it sounds like there's a whale/cat/dolphin in there (you can imagine) haha! It gets worse when the box warms up and then the speedo goes crazy , usually reading less but bouncing up and down. I've noticed the temp gauge is higher than usual too.The shifts are ok while cool , a little lag from park to 1st. I assume the solenoid is leaking and more as it heats up.

Would it be the solenoid (S5) screaming ?
Where is it located?

Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-22-05, 07:31 AM
ford is king
Re: How to replace S5 solenoid??????

the s5 don't make any sounds,,it just makes it clunk between gears,,it sounds like you've done a few seals in there from to much pressure from it being over full..

Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts