Ford Forums banner

how strong is a std ea clutch!?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  qwikcorty 
#1 ·
the other night i slipped the clutch somthing shokin trying to do a heel toe burnout on the spot, and smoked the clutch... how strong are they? are xr6 ones better? grippier? it doest slip through the gears at all yet, but wanna know its limits.

#3 ·
Mine doesn't give me any troubles doing burnouts....
Or towing.
Maybe your clutch cable needs adjusting?

#5 ·
if you have the brakes on already and you dont let the clutch out fast enough the rear wheels have bugger all chance of spinning up...i know this from experience :p

rev it up with your foot on the clutch, then just off the clutch and bang on the brake with the left foot.

you can get better aftermarket ones - do a search for 'daikin' clutches on here - i have posted the part number a few times i think - its a great clutch and still nice and light...

#6 ·
G'day Rollin (sorry everyone bit off topic), could you please pm me your address as paul lost it.

Thanx
Sorry all please continue

#7 ·
Rollin said:
if you have the brakes on already and you dont let the clutch out fast enough the rear wheels have bugger all chance of spinning up...i know this from experience :p

rev it up with your foot on the clutch, then just off the clutch and bang on the brake with the left foot.

you can get better aftermarket ones - do a search for 'daikin' clutches on here - i have posted the part number a few times i think - its a great clutch and still nice and light...
yeah i usually do that, i was trying a heel toe to show off :p not much good anyways when u only spin 1 wheel!

#10 ·
Burnouts are bad!! .. lol

I'll agree with Rollin on this one, probably needed more revs, however, I strongly advise against the heel toe method.

At the last drag meet, I just left the car in 2nd gear, reved to 3000rpm, dumped clutch and jumped on the brakes(after).. clutch didn't slip at all, and im running a standard clutch.

As for the XR etc. The 4.0 clutch had a larger diameter then the EA, so yes they will have better grip over the EA... probably a good upgrade next time the box is out.

Simon.

#11 ·
I have an '89 EA II and the clutch has given me virtually no trouble. Only time it complained was when I was towing a bit more weight than I ought (ahem....car trailer....). Smell the bloody thing for hours.

The one in the car now would be at least 18 months old and doesn't slip at all. Tis the tranny you need to worry about!! :( Just replaced mine.

#12 ·
Re: Re: how strong is a std ea clutch!?

Bass Crazy said:
Burnouts are bad!! .. lol

I'll agree with Rollin on this one, probably needed more revs, however, I strongly advise against the heel toe method.

At the last drag meet, I just left the car in 2nd gear, reved to 3000rpm, dumped clutch and jumped on the brakes(after).. clutch didn't slip at all, and im running a standard clutch.

As for the XR etc. The 4.0 clutch had a larger diameter then the EA, so yes they will have better grip over the EA... probably a good upgrade next time the box is out.

Simon.
cool, im trying a 2nd gear burnout then, see how she holds up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.