if your auto stick moves around a lot read - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2004, 01:48   #1 (permalink)

if your auto stick moves around a lot read

For a while now I've been really annoyed at my auto stick moving around excessively. I asked a lot of people why and the best guess I heard was that it was the way the auto tranny was setup allowing it to move around a bit more. Monday I had all my wheels balanced and the fronts were out by around 80 grams. That fixed the problem and I can happily sit on 110 whatever. In all my other cars the easiest sign was that the steering wheel would shudder but the AU it seems the auto stick jumps and absorbs most of the vibrations.
xshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2004, 02:56   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: if your auto stick moves around a lot read

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshore
For a while now I've been really annoyed at my auto stick moving around excessively. I asked a lot of people why and the best guess I heard was that it was the way the auto tranny was setup allowing it to move around a bit more. Monday I had all my wheels balanced and the fronts were out by around 80 grams. That fixed the problem and I can happily sit on 110 whatever. In all my other cars the easiest sign was that the steering wheel would shudder but the AU it seems the auto stick jumps and absorbs most of the vibrations.
I've noticed this too. Im my case I have a bit of brake shudder and, under brakes, I get a lot of movement in the stick and virtually none in the steering wheel. The EF I have is the other way around. The stick is ok but the steering shudders like buggery.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:21   #3 (permalink)
Smashed Gecko Racing

Yeah, my stick moves around heaps, so dose the wheel atm but its due for rotors and pads as well a a service (is it thursday yet?)

I'll see how that goes, if it dose not fix i recon i'll go get the wheels ballanced like u say...
Old 11-02-2004, 03:41   #4 (permalink)
known as tibbo

the transmission mounts start to wear... You will find the first sign is that the selector bounces when you brake
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 14:35   #5 (permalink)

any advice on changing these transmission mounts ?
Old 11-02-2004, 14:39   #6 (permalink)

Hey casper
hightek brakes (moorabin) are taking care of my brake shudder, they will remachine discs, new pads, new brake fluid. All for $100 - thats with the fordmods discount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline