laminge goes 6 speed tremec! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2001, 21:15   #1 (permalink)
gone

cool laminge goes 6 speed tremec!

Well

Thats it!

I am sick of driving like and old SS

I have today ordered my 6 speed tremec!

Very soon the beast will be driven hard again, with its full potentional being delivered to those rubbery things at the back!:D :D

Ahhh I carnt wait
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2001, 21:31   #2 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

I can't wait to see the beast finally on the Oct trip!!! :D And maybe, just maybe, convince you that I'm a good boy and deserve a quick spell at the helm ... :thumbup:
Old 07-01-2001, 21:32   #3 (permalink)
GTHO4

Cool!!..what's it worth and where from?
Old 07-02-2001, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
The Third Power

so 300 rwkw is the next challenge ?
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 04:16   #5 (permalink)
gone

Approx 10grand installed, inclusive of bits and peices.

Youre a sick puppy strife!!

The only way I am going to get 300 at rear wheels is to whack on a series 4 vortec running at least 20psi!!! and changing the unichip to motec.

Thats another 15 grand!

I am happy with current power ratio but I want the drive train to handle the side step on the clutch everynow and then.

what are you running?
Old 07-02-2001, 04:22   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Laminge,

Mate you must be best buddies with the bank manager, geez 10k thats worth as much as my car. :p :p :eek: :eek:

Ahh Seriously mate thats heeps good, now you can unleash full power to the back wheels, and start writing a dairy of the GTS kills you'll encounter.
Also you must welcome the fuel ecomony benefits of the 6th cog.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 04:41   #7 (permalink)
The Third Power

Ill give you another few months on the current powerband and will look forward to your power upgrade posts

not sure where Im at the moment Im hoping to findout on Thursday and Sunday.,

I was 255 rwkw with the LS1 +Vortech V2 SQ 7psi but have since added the mild LS6 cam, springs and intake manifold SVO 30# injectors (just dicking around until the 436ci arrives) and the motec48pro for some more granular tuning or should I say tuning capability.

mental note to laminge try the new Vortech SQ blowers nice and quiet :)

I have the CAPA intercooler on order Ill probably put that in the same time the motor comes (hopefully next month)

I have had the auto 4l60e rebuilt with new ArtCarr components and with the 3200 stall is holding well for now. A lot of US cars are reverting to T350 or TH400, the clutch problem is universal

Ive been dicking around with building up a base model from scratch or putting the long block into something else, changing transmission to a T56 etc etc my head is spinning, it was a hard enough decision to go from a 410ci iron block FI build to a 436ci alloy half way during the build and now to the solid roller.....

GTS kill...well Ive had my setup for about 9 months and have only had 1 GTS kill, (1 race,1 kill) the opportunity to race is rare to come about similar to a T series race (0 race)
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 04:50   #8 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by strife
Ill give you another few months on the current powerband and will look forward to your power upgrade posts
damm We havent even had a beer together and you know me better than I

Nah, but seriously, thats the end of the budget, and mortgage!!!!!
Old 07-02-2001, 08:00   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Approx 10grand installed, inclusive of bits and peices.

Youre a sick puppy strife!!

The only way I am going to get 300 at rear wheels is to whack on a series 4 vortec running at least 20psi!!! and changing the unichip to motec.

Thats another 15 grand!

I am happy with current power ratio but I want the drive train to handle the side step on the clutch everynow and then.

what are you running?

Are the heads standard? If not you'll find huge amounts of gains with anything other than those GT40s
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 16:13   #10 (permalink)
gone

What are we talking about here?

The Gt40 heads are pretty good for standards guts!, if they where to be changed then i would need to stroke the whole thing!

Then the question is the "weakest Link" and the Block whould just say "Goodbye"

Thats a consideration for the future, but once this engine dies, then I will consider a Nascar Block!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline