Ford Forums banner

Manual Conversion

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  soopramik 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about doing the manual conversion on my Au2 falcon, and basically at the same time dropping a turbo kit into it. This will be after I've done the stock standard 2.5" exhaust, cat and intakes etc etc.

My question is, because I plan on doing the turbo kit and manual conversion which I assume will modify the ECU, drive train and trainsmission (obviously) is there anything I should look into more closely?

If for example, the turbo kit which will be done after the manual conversion will replace the new drivetrain (for example, nfi if it actually does...) the manual conversion put it, it's kind of a waste of money.

So yeh, just basically looking for advice on how I should look at this. Should I go to the same place to get both done?

Also, this may sound silly. But doing the manual conversion and turbo, would i lose all reliability in my car? Shes still my daily driver to/from work, and I still want her to be solid as a rock ... just solid as a rock with some boost :p

Sorry, gonna say too. With the manual conversion, I plan to go with a solid/strong gear box which will handle the turbo and not die...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.