Manual gearbox - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2002, 08:26   #1 (permalink)

Manual gearbox

Was at the wreckers the other day and i was curious so asked how much for a t5 gear box, he goes conversion kit or box, i go ok well conversion. Comes back and then goes about 900, i was thinking thats a bit steep, he goes gearbox, tailshaft ecu and all the other little bits u need, the cluch is stuffed but will throw in a new one. i thought bugger that, but thinking about it now it not 2 bad, because that way everything has been checked and the sort. And i was wondering seeing i dont have to pay nething to get it put it, it might work out better instead of pulling it out of another car and running into a destryed box. What prices u guys get for a t5 convo?
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2002, 10:20   #2 (permalink)

It sure would save you alot of hassles and time. It might pay off in the long run having a box that has been checked for problems or whatever.

If I was interested in having a manual I would probably pay that much. But then I don't really know much about manuals and the costs associated with them.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 18:36   #3 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

re

Dude, $900 with a new clutch, and installed in the car, thats pretty good.

The cheapest I could find for a T5 conversion, everything included was $600, but with S/H clutch and not installed.

I suggest that if you are going to pay someone to do the install for ya, then I doubt you will get a deal that is much better.

Once you have the T5 in, you can sell your 4 speed for quite a bit i'd say.
Old 05-13-2002, 18:45   #4 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

You don't

Don't bother about the ECU, your car will run with out it quite fine.The only thing that will happen is that once in self test it will bring up fault codes such as shift solenoids due to the fact that they aren't there any more.All to do with the auto so don't worry about them.I have seen T5 gearboxs by themselfs in the paper for $1000.So your price for all the added extras might be ok,but look around before you by.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:13   #5 (permalink)

Re: You don't

Yea i thought u didnt need the ecu but he said conversion kit which came with everything, but bass thats not installed i will be doing the swap over with a friend, and yea if it all happens anyone want to buy a 4spd? I will have a look around but that seemed reasonable price for what was included. No use getting just the gearbox if i have to then source a tailshaft as well. Thanx for the help guys.
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:32   #6 (permalink)

Re: You don't

I'd be really interested in the 4spd box, but I don't have any dosh at the moment and probably won't have much until at least some time next month. (Because i'm going to tassie for a few days and need to pay for the trip across and back) D'oh...

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline