Ford Forums banner

Manual transmission to be available on V8 Forte

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
I have it on good authority (the prez) that manual transmission will be available with a V8 engine on Falcon Forte. This transmission option will be available from November onwards and more than likely coincides with the release of AUIII.

So all you need to do is order a Forte in Silhouette, with V8 and manual trans, police spec rims, tyres and suspension, IRS and ABS and you will have a mighty fine car!!

#3 ·
you do all that, and you'd be able to buy an XR6 with that kind of money! plus, don't forget that the stock 5L V8 still makes only 185kw! that's not a lot... you'd have to do some mods to give it some serious go, cuz you'd have the heavier engine and the IRS. the IRS alone would add a fair bit of weight.

#4 ·
Yeah but Manual is Still better than auto

#8 ·
RATT said:

Actually, it's 175kw. But it is still not a bad option to have.
Still it's a V8, i know how hard my wagon goes, this forte with a V8 will go pretty decent. Also theres a niice Herrod 250kw performance option to fit for the power hungry guys.

That'll scare a Holden guy, a taxi lookalike kickin there ass. :nuts: :nuts:

#9 ·
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

Also theres a niice Herrod 250kw performance option to fit for the power hungry guys.

That'll scare a Holden guy, a taxi lookalike kickin there ass. :nuts: :nuts:
Ahhh!.... My dream car, a AU1 White Forte with a 250kw stroker. But stock on the outside right down to the hubcaps :nuts::nuts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.