More Transmission problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2001, 10:59   #1 (permalink)
Mustang LX Member

More Transmission problems

in 5th and in neutral, I was hear what sort of sound like wind noise coming from the transmission. When in neutral, I can move the shifter to one side, and hold it there, and the noise stops, and while in 5th, there isn't anything that I can do, except for downshifting to 4th, and live with the engine revving at around 3,500 @ 70 mph or so... Can you possibly tell me what this is? Thank you
93MustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2001, 05:49   #2 (permalink)
KR500

The noises / rattles you have posted - SEVERAL TIMES- lead me to thing there is an installation problem. What is the condition of your clutch - any broken springs? You spoke of rattle with the air on- is this just sitting ? Is the idle speed ok? on a 4 banger anything much lower than 1000rpm is going to cause rattles in th exhaust/ trans. What kind of shifter do you have? Aftermarket shifters are notorious for producing noise complaints. How about the body boot- covers the hole in the floor- under the car holes/ tears= noise. Same goes for the trim boot at the shifter handle.
Old 11-02-2001, 14:55   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

If this is a brand new transmission then you should talk to the dealer you bought it from before you go any further . If it was fitted by them then they should put it right .
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline