NA II to T5 conversion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2004, 02:37   #1 (permalink)
Dirt Tracker

NA II to T5 conversion

Well I've been following MongrelEB and Gli90's auto to manual conversion guide and so far I reckon it's pretty good, but I am only half way there so I hope the second part is as good as the first. A couple of points if I may,
1. The wires aren't quite as clear as they may have been in yours or maybe the fairlane wiring is slightly different. There's not enough wires coming from the box (not including the red/blue ones, I have a spare black wire on the "car" side and what I thought was the corresponding wire seems to go to the speedo drive so I heve plugged it in the way I hope is right.
2. That damn top starter bolt is a mongrel to get out and I suspect worse to get back in!
Apart from that all is well so far and the box is bolted in place, next is the pedals and clutch cable.
Any advice on the wiring or the starter bolt would be appreciated
Thanks guys,
dirt tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 02:53   #2 (permalink)
Dirt Tracker

Re: NA II to T5 conversion

OK I got the wiring thing sorted out I think, it helps if you don't miss any! PLUS I had to extend the gearbox loom, apparently the series I loom is shorter than the series II loom however it's not a big problem (I hope the thing starts!) I stuffed around for about 6 hours trying to get the pedal box out and the new one in, what a bastard of a job! Next time I think I will just pull the whole dash out completely which is almost what I ended up doing anyway, I don't know how the other guys got theirs out without pulling the dash. Hopefully only another 4 or so hours to go now, well tomorrow maybe.
dirt tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline