Need help with 5.0, 5 speed, diff - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 04:43   #1 (permalink)

confused Need help with 5.0, 5 speed, diff

I have got a 07/93 eb2 with the T50D with the reverse brake. When I park it over night and then try to reverse out, I let the clutch out and it loads up but the car doesn't move as if the hand brake was stuck on. Then after about a second it releases and the car is away, I lifted the car up with no motor just driveline, and the wheels are free the hand brake isn't stuck on. The other thing is there is a clunk when changing gears pushing the clutch in and letting it out. When I had the car up I grabbed the input shaft and rotated it back and forth and there is only a slight bit of backlash through the driveline. When I was taking the engine out the, gearbox sepperated from the block then it got stuck it wouldnt come all the way out, it was very stiff and I had to wriggle the engine a lot to get the gearbox off. I was wondering could this be a out of alignment block or bellhousing? I'm all out of ideas to check and I'm not an expert on gearbox's. So I need any help I can get, I rang a gearbox joint, and all the guy wanted was for me to bring it down so they could have a look for a few days and wanted to charge even if they fixed nothing and I could still have the same problem. So any ideas, suggestions or help and information would be very appreciated.
Thanks Adam.
82xeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline