New Gear Boot - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2001, 04:30   #1 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

New Gear Boot

Looks good. I had the boot sent to me, and I did the installation myself. Bit of mucking around to fit the original foam (except the fat foam 'chunk', that's easy) it's original place but otherwise a relatively simple job. I didn't glue it down or do anything permanently binding in case I need to muck with it later on.
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2001, 04:32   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

2nd pic to show the colour difference. Not huge, the difference is more noticable in natural sunlight where the blue of the gear knob shows it's slightly metallic nature. But seeing as the blue used in the T-Series trim isn't exactly the same, I'm not complaining - I'd like to use this same blue leather for my custom trim I'm in the process of designing.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:33   #3 (permalink)
BSR

I like it:D :D

Did you get it made out of leather??

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 04:38   #4 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8
I like it:D :D

Did you get it made out of leather??
Sure did!
Old 10-22-2001, 04:38   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up

mark that looks really good really really good!
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 05:17   #6 (permalink)

Looks good. I got mine done too on my EL, and the console lid which had a cigerette burn in it (not me). I had a leather boot on my XR6 ute also.. and it was just one from a Momo one I got from Autotek. cuz a guy who works there lives in my street. It worked well. had elastic bottom and a leather lace at top.
cobraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 05:25   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by cobraXR
Looks good. I got mine done too on my EL, and the console lid which had a cigerette burn in it (not me). I had a leather boot on my XR6 ute also.. and it was just one from a Momo one I got from Autotek. cuz a guy who works there lives in my street. It worked well. had elastic bottom and a leather lace at top.
This one is an Momo/Autotek custom jobbie, since the universal's don't fit the AU's well. I asked for a specific leather (perforated blue, closest to the other blue) and they've reproduced the original boot's size, and holes for easy installation.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:36   #8 (permalink)

can i ask what was the price for the boot, dont remember what it cost me. and what did they charge for modifying it. i got my boot/console lid for $40. Makes a big difference to the interior's look. Only thing I would like better.. is the EL-GT's material.. same stuff that make Akubra's outa.. rabbit fur?? LOL i dont know.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:43   #9 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

$120 with freight, same price as Kell though I think hers was fitted? She mentioned going out to Rhodes to get it.

I thought of doing the console lid as well, seena few AU's with matching gear boot/lid material.

That EL GT trim stuff was different aye - dunno about which animal though, haha.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:49   #10 (permalink)

hey just saw pics of Robs new XR8.. did he get that XR with chrome door handles or copy you?
I offered to do paint protection on his car and fabric too. He said yes but has prob changed his mind now lol. silly man :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline