Ford Forums banner

New reco trans feels slow, weak and loud??

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  twr7cx 
#1 ·
about 8 mths ago i had a new reco trans put in my ef fairmont but it doesnt feel or sound as good as my old one.

It feel slower in changing gears(meaning the actual change period from gear to gear) and i no that can be changed putting some form shift kit in.

But the main concern is the strength. When kicking down a gear at40 or 50kph it seems to ride the cluch tooooo much . i used to get a thump in the back and off we go with the old trans. its Worse with a full tank of fuel and going up a hill. Is this a s5 solinoid problem??
Can it be fixed easely ??? and at what cost?? what do u think needs to be done so i can walk in to trans place looking like i have some idea and so they dont put it over me???

Also could they have done somthing to trans because of the extra power ive got, they would of seen the exhaust system and extractors????

And one last thing it has a loud whine in first gear seems louder than my last trans. Could it be the planatrys?????

Sorry for the long post

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
you got a dud box

#4 ·
They take it for a drive and drive it like my ganny and they say theirs nothing wrong but i was hopeing somone could tell me what could be possible problems from the symptoms i have stated earlier.

And then i can go back a shove some tech crap in their face!!!

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.