Over fueling ea spac 5sp mpi Excorsism needed. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2002, 20:26   #1 (permalink)
jsantas

Over fueling ea spac 5sp mpi Excorsism needed.

Peoples help is needed. Changed every sensor on my engine excluding the following ECU, TPS, Air Sensor on Manifold. Even put a fresh set of injectors in to make sure all was ok. Damn vehicle still overfuels and has an inconsistent miss. On start up lots of black smoke. Some times when you give it the boot still black smoke. This thing has pissed me off big time. Head and chain was done recently. At this stage i suspect distributor or ignition coil. Spark may not be strong enough to burn the fuel correctly. Done diagnostic checks no faults or error codes detected. Mate this car is posessed. Anyone has any more ideas before i call a preist to perform an excorsism on the damn ea. Help???
FYI plus and leads and disi cap and fuel pump was replaced as well. Timming is ok as well. Who knows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2002, 20:37   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

In my case it was caused by a faulty thermostat, but otherwise I have no idea...

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 21:56   #3 (permalink)
ben

buddy i think your engine is worn and needs a reco. (due to rich mixture and smoke on startup, who knows what else has cacked it by now if your valve guides are cactus.) the inconsistant miss is a simple electrical problem (unless you've done a head gasket or some other internal damage)

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 09:44   #4 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

I had a problem with an inconsistent miss on idel, and found an easy solution in this situation.

I bought a can of throttle body cleaner. I removed the ISC and sprayed inside the holes until all the black deposits were removed. I then ran the car at high rpm, and sprayed it directly into the manifold intake. I than sprayed it inside the PCV valve hose and ran the car again.

Took it for a drive, and it was smooth as a babys butt.

Luke N has done a similar process on his car.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:34   #5 (permalink)
jsantas

It's almost sorted now

After all the previous changes see last post tried another ecu from another ea. Have been running it for the last day and a half. Black smoke all gone now. Engine runs smoother idles correctly but still has an inconsistent miss revs out a lot smoother as well. Looks like distributor shaft bushes are worn. This will be fixed Monday so the car should purr once again. Nearly sorted now. So their you go. I think the trick with these old beasts is you need to have a lot of patients due to their age.If all else fails replace everything lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline