Ford Forums banner

Queries for EF diff onto EBII? Please help!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BOSXR8 
#1 ·
As you all know i currently bought an ef xr8 diff to fit to my EB2, now i need some information off some blokes who have done this conversion. After physically comparing both diffs i noticed some difference:

1) Discs- I took off the axlse shaft on the xr8 diff, but i was wodnering if this is the same as the one in my EB? Im guessing it is excpet for the length of the bolts which hold the wheel on. So this should be a straight swap? so i can use my calipers discs and everything on my eb diff minus the diff itself.

2) Brake lines- the xr8 diff does not run the brake lines along the diff so there is no hooks or brackets to hold these brake lines onto it, are the two hooks at the centre of the xr8 diff which are used for the hand brake enough to support the brake lines?

3) D Bush bracket for sway bar- on my old diff there is like a hook and a bolt for this, on the new diff there is a nut welded on one side and a bolt welded on the other side how do i over come this problem? Do i just by the brackets for the ef diff from the wreckers?

4) Breather on top of LHS of diff- now on the xr8 diff there isnt the T junction for the brakes, just the breather, on my old diff there is the breather on top of the T junction for the brake lines. does this unscrew out as well?

These are my only queries so far and i am a little bit worried about 3 and very worried about 4, any information you give me will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Moe

See less See more
#2 ·
cmon guys anyone please?? Does anyone atleast know anything about the breather hose?? Thanks

#3 ·
OK, this is the best I know;

1) Axles will swap straight over, calipers and discs should swap over fine as well.

2) No idea sorry, but the brake lines will need some modding for sure.

3) Yep, get the brackets for the EF diff, the sway bar will line up. My LSD has the brackets with two bolts, my old diff had the one bolt type.

4) The breather is in a different place on the EF diff for sure. Not sure on details.

Your best bet is to PM NZ, he has an EF diff in his EB II.

#4 ·
thanks for that info psycho chicken, im waiting on a reply from NZ, cheers for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.