Quicker shifting BTR - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 04:24   #1 (permalink)
BlkEB2

cool Quicker shifting BTR

Just wondering if their is any tricks to get my EB 4 Spd Auto reaching 4th gear sooner. It was serviced not long ago and it's working o.k but i'd like it to be quicker so i'm using the low end torque 1500-2000rpm, a.s.a.p.
A shift kit might help a bit but i'm thinking that's not the area that needs improvement. It's gotta be something more to do with the trans controller ie; Speed/Rpms/Load etc???
If this is correct there's prob not much that can be done!!! I might just have to try a shift kit...
BlkEB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: Quicker shifting BTR

Yeah the trans is programed to shift at certain load and speed points. IMO you really don't want to be using 4th for pulling power, it is overdrive and really is only there for cruising, not acceleration. To make the car quicker you need a shift kit, this will quicken the shift time up and allow the engine to rev out more. One of the best cheap mods an auto owner can do.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
Hanging Around

Re: Quicker shifting BTR

The only other way to make it go through the gears quicker is by changing the speedo drive gear, but this will cause your speedo to be out.
Also by doing this, you are making the torque converter slip more (high gear, low road speed) which will cause a lot of heat and can result in premature failure of the auto trans.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline