Ford Forums banner

Ratchet shifters (B&M etc)

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  xespack 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know anything about them?

Like how do you use them, what are the pros and cons etc etc?
Has anyone got one and if so are they happy with it?

All i know so far is that to shift from 1st to 2nd etc you just tap it up and then again from 2nd to 3rd etc. I'm guessing to then get it to reverse or park you have to lift the little lever thing?

Oh yeah and they look cool!!!

Are they best if you have a manualised valve body? Whats it cost to get a manualised valve body done on a FMX appoximately?

Thanks

Aaron

#2 ·
You can use it as a normal auto shifter, or if you want the ratchet change, pull the lever up, pull the lever all the way back and then you can tap it down to change thru your gears. The Star shifter and Hammer are pretty popular. Not really any disadvantages with it, as it has reverse lockout, and yes it does look good.

They will prolly set you back bout $330-$400 depending who you see. Maybe secondhand might be the go, but new is always better.

ViGiLaNtE

#3 ·
Pro Ratchets look pretty good. The only disadvantage my mate had was that it was impossible to do a really quick 3-point turn, however, if you have LSD, you don't need to do 3 point turns....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.