removal of btr 4 spd auto - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2004, 00:08   #1 (permalink)

removal of btr 4 spd auto

Need a new trans, and I can get hold of one for $650 with only 95k on it. Is it easy job to pull out and replace on a weekend??

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
92 EB II XR6

Re: removal of btr 4 spd auto

ye i wouldnt be gettin another auto man, there poo, get a manual conversion u wont regret it
TickfordXRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:48   #3 (permalink)
what u lookin at

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickfordXRFan
ye i wouldnt be gettin another auto man, there poo, get a manual conversion u wont regret it
dont forget dude, some people cant be fu(ked with using any more body parts than necessary, me for example....

just put a shift kit on the auto and itll be 110% better than them stock 1 second shifts

its an easy job so long as u know what ur doin
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:55   #4 (permalink)
heard it before!

just put a shift kit on the auto and itll be 110% better than them stock 1 second shifts

its an easy job so long as u know what ur doin[/QUOTE]

is there an exact explanation on doing the shift kit, theres a few threads but none make much sense to me i'll be looking for a manual if my auto starts playing up, are you talking resistors on pug type of shift kit or something else
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:57   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura97
Need a new trans, and I can get hold of one for $650 with only 95k on it. Is it easy job to pull out and replace on a weekend??

Thanks
should be no worries on a weekend. starter motor top bolt the hardest thing. be sure to drop the pan and replace the filter on the new unit. uncrimp the filter and look inside to see any bad signs such as friction material. suggest replacement of extention housing bush and seal. replace with brass bush, lot better wearing. drop pan on old unit. look for brass filing in pan. this is the cooler in the radiator breaking up. replace radiator or fit external cooler and bypass rad.
chova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:03   #6 (permalink)
what u lookin at

Quote:
Originally Posted by needturbo6

its an easy job so long as u know what ur doin
what i really meant was the tranny job is easy so long as u know what ur doin.

but yeh shift kit would be easier PM me, and tell me the model/engine of your car and ill see what i can do
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandx
is there an exact explanation on doing the shift kit, theres a few threads but none make much sense to me i'll be looking for a manual if my auto starts playing up, are you talking resistors on pug type of shift kit or something else
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline