rocker gear - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2003, 15:31   #1 (permalink)
EFI 351c TD CORTINA

Question rocker gear

does anyone know if the rocker gear for an ea is the same as a eb or ed, or even ef,el?
just removed mine to replace a lifter, and noticed the front exhaust rocker had worn its way into the front cap making it sit to the side of the valve stem!
another thing, how do you get the round C clips outta the rockers!!! i tried for hours!

anyways i hope i can turn this clock back into a ford I6 very soon
qwikcorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2003, 16:07   #2 (permalink)

I dunno about the different rocker gear, but all I did when i had a work pedestal was replace it. They are not too expensive. I did this a while ago and cant remember much about it other than that sorry...
Old 02-03-2003, 15:33   #3 (permalink)

Re: rocker gear

Quote:
Originally posted by qwikcorty
does anyone know if the rocker gear for an ea is the same as a eb or ed, or even ef,el?
just removed mine to replace a lifter, and noticed the front exhaust rocker had worn its way into the front cap making it sit to the side of the valve stem!
another thing, how do you get the round C clips outta the rockers!!! i tried for hours!

anyways i hope i can turn this clock back into a ford I6 very soon
There are some differences in the size of the lifters, but you can swap compete rocker arms, or the entire assembly from 3.9 to 4.0 heads and vice versa. Make sure you get your clearances correct when swapping an entire assembly.
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 21:26   #4 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

The EA had 2 differenty types of rocker gear, if your replacing one rocker only make sure you get the right one.

The early setup is EA only of course, later should be interchangable.
OR jsut chage the complete assembly with a known good one, the main difference was the retainer bits n pieces.

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline