RWD Automatic Transmission Options - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-27-06, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
RWD Automatic Transmission Options

I am currently planning a build on a custom Shelby Daytona Coupe "like" car. The goal is to build a nostalgic GT car as a daily driver. I will be using the current Ford-Racing Cammer 5.0L V8 engine. For my transmission, I need an automatic that will suit the power of this engine. I will install a Smart-Shift kit with steering wheel paddle shifters. Ideally, I would like a 6 speed automatic or 5 speed automatic with overdrive, if there is such a thing. If need be, I can settle for a 5 speed automatic. In such a configuration, what is my best option? I know Tremec and Richmond only make manual transmissions, but what about Getrag? On the FFR forums, members have raised concern regarding both the compatability of the engine and transmission computers. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts