Ford Forums banner

Shifter cable adjustment.

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fat F100 
#1 ·
Hi, Anybody got any quick tips for setup & adjustment of B&M shifter cables.
I've just rebuilt the box, & put it back in, but the I can't seem to adjust the cable to select the gears correctly. I have a B&M Megashifter with B&M cable. The box is a stage II C6. Only asking because I haven't done it before & so far is proving to be frustrating.
Thanks in advance,

#2 ·
Yeah its really important to get it right or you can burn out the clutches in no time.

Set everything up but at this stage don't connect the cable to the pin on the gear selector on the side of the box.

Manually click the box into 3rd gear (count the clicks) and also put the shifter into 3rd gear.

Get back under the car and rotate the adjuster so the cable eyelette slides easily onto the pin on the gear selector on side of gearbox.

Now put the shifter into 2nd gear and get back under the car and slide the eyelette off the pin and make sure it slides off easliy. Hopefully you won't have to adjust it another turn, but adjust it if it needs it.

Keep checking all the selector positions this way, 1st, N, P and then back to 3rd gear again until you get the best position on the adjuster so that the box selector isn't being nudged by the selector out of position.

You will probably find that it won't match up right in every gear, but make sure 3rd gear is given the priority as the car spends most of its time in this gear. It is usual for Park to not match up precisely.

#3 ·
Thanks, StrokeXD.
I adjusted it this arvo, & it is spot on, now. I just have to get used to the 3500rpm stall in it now. Definitely spinning up a lot quicker than it used to with the 2750rpm stall speed.
cheers, :wnc:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.