Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

squeal from xr6 EFII

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
i have a squeal coming from the engine bay. when i lift up the clutch pedal the noise disappears. Possible thrust bearing problem? any ideas, fix??

#3 ·
sounds like the problem my brother had on his old EB, although he also had a slight rattle when the clutch pedal was up. The bearing you mentioned rings a bell but his clutch forks were tending to bend/break as well. Get it checked out immediately, it cost 2 new gearboxes, also in the engine bay check around the fire wall were the clutch cable goes in - it tends to fatigue & crack, putting more stress on the clutch pedal assembly. I would recommend all manual Falcon drivers do this because its so common that the local Ford dealer in Canberra has firewall reinforcement plates on the shelf.

G
#6 ·
paul/TICKFD6

Just did that job myself. I was driving the car around these past few months and it was getting harder to press the clutch as well as making annoying squeaking noises.

Bitch of a job seeing as I had to drop the dash and steering column but it was worth it to save major $$. I'd forgotten how light the clutch was when I fixed it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.