steering feels like its pulling - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 03:23   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 159
steering feels like its pulling

ey yall
since lowering the car the steering has developed a weird sort of pulling feel when going around sharp corners.
the best way to describe it is its like a non-power steering car when going around sharp corners.

if you want another explanation ask as i cant think at the moment
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2005, 14:27   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
tufLTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Caloundra, Queensland
Age: 52
Posts: 240
Re: steering feels like its pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
ey yall
since lowering the car the steering has developed a weird sort of pulling feel when going around sharp corners.
the best way to describe it is its like a non-power steering car when going around sharp corners.

if you want another explanation ask as i cant think at the moment
Have you had the wheel alignment done after lowering it?
Lowering a vehicle changes the camber settings & also the toe-in. You will find that it's got heaps of negative camber & loads of toe, which will affect the way it steers, especially when cornering.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 20:38   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 159
Re: steering feels like its pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufLTD
Have you had the wheel alignment done after lowering it?
Lowering a vehicle changes the camber settings & also the toe-in. You will find that it's got heaps of negative camber & loads of toe, which will affect the way it steers, especially when cornering.
yeah mate had the aliglment done when it was lowered and yesterday had the toe adjusted as well but it still does it,im thinking maybe that a susp componant has failed causing the car to do this,unless of course its a con of lowered suspention
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:20   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
tufLTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Caloundra, Queensland
Age: 52
Posts: 240
Re: steering feels like its pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
yeah mate had the aliglment done when it was lowered and yesterday had the toe adjusted as well but it still does it,im thinking maybe that a susp componant has failed causing the car to do this,unless of course its a con of lowered suspention
Who did the wheel alignment? Most of the big tyre stores only adjust toe & never touch the camber/caster settings. That's how they pump out 15 to 20 alignments a day!!
I'm a mechanic & do quite a few alignments & personally, I doubt if you could get the camber settings correct without installing camber adjustment kits on a lowered Ford.
If a failed component was causing the problem, the wheel aligner should have found the problem before aligning it.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:24   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 159
Re: steering feels like its pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufLTD
Who did the wheel alignment? Most of the big tyre stores only adjust toe & never touch the camber/caster settings. That's how they pump out 15 to 20 alignments a day!!
I'm a mechanic & do quite a few alignments & personally, I doubt if you could get the camber settings correct without installing camber adjustment kits on a lowered Ford.
If a failed component was causing the problem, the wheel aligner should have found the problem before aligning it.
pedders.
cheers mate,never thought about asking about the camber ,i will be seeing them tomorrow.
cheers
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:34.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.