strengthening a T5 ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2002, 10:18   #1 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

strengthening a T5 ???

just wondering what things can be done to strengthen a T5 ??? (and approx cost if anyone knows)
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2002, 10:35   #2 (permalink)
PHIL82

Yes you can...

replace the T5 clutch with a 'Centerforce Clutch' which is designed for monster Four Wheel Drives which require stronger clutches because 4x4's tend to need the acceleration right down and running at high revs. Those things can blow out a normal clutch and the Centerforce is about 3-4 times stronger than a normal clutch and prices start from $600-800 depending on what strength you want 2x, 3x, 4x etc...

I used to be a hardcore 4 wheeler before my EA... since a 4x4 blew my budget so much, I opted for an EA and I miss 4 wheelin!

I am saving up for a Ford 1979 F-350 series 4x4 Truck with a 528 ci Hemi engine, Ford C6 auto, NP206 Transfer Case with a twin shifter, Detroit Lockers and two Dana 60 differentials running on 35 inch Goodyear MTR Wranglers.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:01   #3 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

LOL.. I love some of those 4x4's. My mates is currently planning the construction of his next 4x4 ute which is aparently expected to produce just under 1000Nm of torque.
He reckons his current 460 is just a baby compared to his next car.... DAMMM!!!

Anyhow, in my opinion, if you get yourself a mad clutch, you will need to do something to the rest of the gearbox or else things will start blowing up.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline