Ford Forums banner

Super hard shift problems-94 F150-please help!

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dogbreath 
#1 ·
Hi all...newbie here...I have a 94 F150, 5.0L with the big tranz. I don't know the actual #, but I do know it the one that uses lots (14?) pints of fluid. Anyway. when it shifts from 1 st to 2nd to 3rd, it shifts really hard. The tranz has been rebuilt before because of this, but that didn't fix it. It seems that very hot weather makes it worse and it will do this for a day or 2 and then stop for a day or 2...in other words...intermittent. I had a throttle positioning sensor put in, but this didn't fix it. I desparately need help with this. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
...BUMP... So no one has any suggestions. I encourage you to please take a stab at this. You can't do any worse than anyone else. Does anyone have any links as to where I might find answers??? I have searched the Internet and several people have had this same problem but offer no resolution...please help me!!!

#4 ·
Dogbreath said:
Hi all...newbie here...I have a 94 F150, 5.0L with the big tranz. I don't know the actual #, but I do know it the one that uses lots (14?) pints of fluid. Anyway. when it shifts from 1 st to 2nd to 3rd, it shifts really hard. The tranz has been rebuilt before because of this, but that didn't fix it. It seems that very hot weather makes it worse and it will do this for a day or 2 and then stop for a day or 2...in other words...intermittent. I had a throttle positioning sensor put in, but this didn't fix it. I desparately need help with this. Any suggestions?

i had the same probolem on my 94 150....have you had anyone look at your torque converter yet?? that was what went out on mine

#5 ·
Thank you for the reply
Yes...the torque converter has been replaced when the tranmission was completely rebuilt and updates installed. It is definitely a warm/hot weather problem...it has behaved this winter, although driving in the rain sometimes cause the problems to start. I am beginning to think it's sensor related. No codes ever show on the scanner. Whenever I get the recall work done for the master cylinder, I'll get them to replace the external sensors (manual lever position, throttle position, vehicle speed) and let's see. Anybody have any additional input?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.