Taurus 3.0 Auto...broken trans/axle? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2005, 06:44   #1 (permalink)
j0n

Taurus 3.0 Auto...broken trans/axle?

Hi all I'm new with a 93 taurus with the 3.0 v6 and auto tranny(beater car) and my loving friend decided to take my car for a spin last night and also thought it would be cool to neatral-drop it which may have been funny had the car not made a "SNAP" noise and stopped moving
i had the car towed and since i got home at 4am i went to sleep.

obviously the axle or the transmission gave up(im going to go jack the car up shortly to find out which) and i need to know if theres any write-ups for how to replace either? anyone ever do it before? this is a large problem since i have work every day this week and my fun car(95 t/a vert) has it's transmission sitting next to it and the new clutch/rebuild kit for that trans is on backorder.

i am a fairly accomplished garage mechanic(my neighbors refer to my garage...which is in a condo complex...as the monster condo) and have done a variety of engine swaps, transmission swaps, rear swaps...jsut about everything but i've never touched a fwd car...think i can pull off an axle or a transmission in my taurus?

thanks in advance and please respond in this thread or email me at jmyzie@gmail.com

p.s. if anyone knows where i can get an axle or a transmission for my car for cheap let me know(local boneyard rapes me on prices)
j0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2005, 10:38   #2 (permalink)
j0n

Re: Taurus 3.0 Auto...broken trans/axle?

ok i checked the car out and the axle definately snapped...junkyard didnt hurt me too bad so i picked up a new axle for 35 bucks now i need to find out how to do the swap...anyone have a chilton's/haynes they could scan into the computer for me?

thanks!
j0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline