toploader/single rail - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 19:14   #1 (permalink)

toploader/single rail

is there a diffrence between the bolt pattern of a single rail and a toploader?

thanks norm
capri 3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 01:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: toploader/single rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri 3000gt
is there a diffrence between the bolt pattern of a single rail and a toploader?

thanks norm
Yes there is. Out of the 4 holes one is in the same location though. This allows you to drill/tap the bellhousing to suit the other as the 1 bolt and input shaft retainer allign the gearbox/bellhousing.
silicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:10   #3 (permalink)

so if i bought a v6 capri to single rail bell housing from dellow i would be able to redrill it for a toploader. are the dellow belhousings cast or alloy?

thanks norm
Old 01-30-2006, 01:17   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
so if i bought a v6 capri to single rail bell housing from dellow i would be able to redrill it for a toploader. are the dellow belhousings cast or alloy?

thanks norm
I would suppose so but would definitely check with Dellow. This works with the V8 factory bell housings but I am unsure with the V6(what type?) Anyway I would think it would be no hassle for Dellow to supply the casting drilled for a toploader instead of a single rail if it is possible. CRS also supply castings. They are generally all aluminum due to the casting process.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:28   #5 (permalink)

its an essex v6. i spoke to jeff from dellow today he is going to check as he was unsure off the top of his head so i will find out tomorrow. i spoke to crs before but they only do a supra box conversion for the capri. they suggest the toploader to the capri.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:50   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
its an essex v6. i spoke to jeff from dellow today he is going to check as he was unsure off the top of his head so i will find out tomorrow. i spoke to crs before but they only do a supra box conversion for the capri. they suggest the toploader to the capri.
No worries it sounds like you have done some homework. The Toploader bolt pattern is further out than the Single rail. If the custom bellhousing is built specifically for the single rail it may not have enough meat around it for the toploader threads. I would wait and see what information Dellow comes back with.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03   #7 (permalink)

orignally i didnt know dellow did any other conversion for the capri but i found some pics of what clamed to be a capri bell housing made by dellow to suit a toploader but dellow say they only made a single rail conversion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e8_1_b.jpg (34.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg f7_1_b.jpg (30.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-30-2006, 02:11   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
orignally i didnt know dellow did any other conversion for the capri but i found some pics of what clamed to be a capri bell housing made by dellow to suit a toploader but dellow say they only made a single rail conversion.
If that is the casting they produce then it would be suitable. The toploader is the three outer holes plus the other. The single rail is the three inner holes plus the other.

It would be best to get them to drill and tap it though; could prevent any missallignment. Preferrably get it drilled/tapped for both Single rail and toploader as it gives the options.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:20   #9 (permalink)

might go down and see them tomorrow as they are only 15 mins away from me. let you know what happens.

thanks for the help silicon

norm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline