Ford Forums banner

toughening up a toploader

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  buzz 
#1 ·
hey guys, my toploader is a lil noisy in third and a lil slow to synro second, its a 30yo box and neva been touched, it's done henry proud! but it's due for that long hard earned freshen up. does any1 know where to get rebuild kits for these boxes, bearings syncros seals gaskets in 1 kit and do they make these kits wif betta bearings so they can take a bit more punishment torque and hp wise. I want to do this job myself so any advice would also be appreciated.

#2 ·
ziggs said:
hey guys, my toploader is a lil noisy in third and a lil slow to synro second, its a 30yo box and neva been touched, it's done henry proud! but it's due for that long hard earned freshen up. does any1 know where to get rebuild kits for these boxes, bearings syncros seals gaskets in 1 kit and do they make these kits wif betta bearings so they can take a bit more punishment torque and hp wise. I want to do this job myself so any advice would also be appreciated.

Dubbo Transmission Service & RPM Transmission Parts

118 Darling St
Dubbo
NSW, 2830
Australia

Ph: (02) 6882 5152

I have no affiliation, though I know he can supply. The road race kit has increased load bearings. Otherwise you can buy a kit of ebay from the USA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.