Ford Forums banner

tranny..

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  KyleL 
#1 ·
Well I'm sort of having a problem hooking up my clutch on a mustang. Originally I had a transmission that the clutch worked off a cable but the gearing wasnt right in it so I ended up just getting a new transmission from a junkward. The new transmission bolts upto the engine just fine but it appears to be different!

It appears that to engage the clutch you need to pull the fork toward the back. It seems that it does this though this mechanical arm that I've got here but its not hooked up and I'm not even sure I have all the parts. Not exactly sure what the transmission even came off of so I can't look it up. It appears that the cable will actually end up hooking to this arm that is attached to the bellhousing though a stud located about 5 inches behind the fork. The fork is in a different location than it was on my old transmission, its actually in a higher point.

The picture located at the bottom here is a crude drawing of this linkage arm I've got. I've got a couple other little parts I could explain to you. I do know that the ratio in second gear on this transmission is supposed to be about 2.25. All I really need is help hooking this up but if you could help me identify the transmission as well it may help.

A crude picture:
http://66.112.51.6/clutchstuff.jpg

--The abover url may be changed.. check any furter posts by myself on the url.

Thank you very much,
Kyle

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.