Tranny options for my EF 6 pack - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 18:58   #1 (permalink)

Tranny options for my EF 6 pack

G'day gents.

I recenty had some engine work done on my EF 6 pack, and attention now turns to the driveline.

I'm really out of my element with trannys though, and so need your help. With all the various options, whats the best I can do for my EF?

I was looking at having a heavier-duty clutch pack put in, and a shift kit, but don't really know what to ask for. I'm assuming the various options for those aren't necessarily the same.

I should mention that the trans was replaced 2 1/2 years ago, and at the time, the lock-up torque converter was disabled. So no overdrive. As I understood at the time, this was due to thermal issues under load etc, and wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I was however eating whatever the dude at the tranny place was feeding me. Could have been BS for all I knew. Should I get the torque converter up and going again for cruising? I don't really pull heavy loads, so I cant see any negatives, only better fuel econ.

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.
SavageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline