Ford Forums banner

Trans Service

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AU1SIXA 
#1 ·
Ive just gone to get a quote for my EA 4speed (BTR85LE) to be serviced. I was quoted arround $150 to drop the pan and sevice the box with new fluid. Also $150 to flush the box with some flushing gear when the car is running. What are these prices like?

Also my car has developed a vibration when in reverse and going backwards, making almost a grinding sound, yet when in drive its all fine and dandy. Ideas?

#2 ·
I Just got a price

BTM Automatics in Geelong Quoted

$129 for a service, 4 litres of fluid ect

$200 for service with full flush all fluid pumped out ect and all replaced.

$200 for a Drivetech transmission cooler made by BTR fitted.

I think there pretty good prices personally. My Au is on 100,000 now so im thinking of a service then see what he recommends with the colour of the fluid. Also the tranny cooler is a must i know i could install one myself but for the sake of 60 bucks and more fluid ect i think its just as easy for them to do it.

Steve B

Hope this info Helps out

#3 ·
I Just got a price

BTM Automatics in Geelong Quoted

$129 for a service, 4 litres of fluid ect

$200 for service with full flush all fluid pumped out ect and all replaced.

$200 for a Drivetech transmission cooler made by BTR fitted.

I think there pretty good prices personally. My Au is on 100,000 now so im thinking of a service then see what he recommends with the colour of the fluid. Also the tranny cooler is a must i know i could install one myself but for the sake of 60 bucks and more fluid ect i think its just as easy for them to do it.

Steve B

Hope this info Helps out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.