Ford Forums banner

Transmission?

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Two Trick Vics 
#1 ·
Which is more popular with you guys and the Mustang SSP cars, manual transmission or automatic?

#2 ·
My choice!!!

Hey Bluesmobile....as we have disscused before,I'm a firm beliver that the Mustang was just meant to be a 5-speed Manual....I think in the long run it will provide a more trouble free life.....This may have been a pain in the neck to the Police Officers Driving them for 8 to 12 hours a day...but for my Post Police use preference give me the 5-Speed!!!!!!......Allen

#3 ·
My choice!!!

Hey Bluesmobile....as we have disscused before,I'm a firm beliver that the Mustang was just meant to be a 5-speed Manual....I think in the long run it will provide a more trouble free life.....This may have been a pain in the neck to the Police Officers Driving them for 8 to 12 hours a day...but for my Post Police use preference give me the 5-Speed!!!!!!......Allen

G
#4 ·
Guess it's the way it goes, but our Department has never used the
Mustang..

I'm sure you remember the pic's I sent of the Highway Patrol Mustangs
though.. I never got to use one, but I have ridden in many on them....

They were are manual transmissions.... :)

#6 ·
NCSHP Mustang SSP :(

NCSHP cars were all Automatics!!...No Darn wonder why the Florida cars have found such a market here in N.C. I would even rather have 1 from S.C. if I could find it at the right price.....I have seen 1 in the last six months I would consider buying.....The majority I've seen for sale are either barely rolling scrap heaps ...or the owner thinks he/she is sitting on a gold mine.....I may have to resort to finding a Standard 5.0 LX and making it what I desire if push comes to shove.....That would be the least desireable option.....DuckRyder has a great looking 91 down in Atlanta but he has too much into it at this point for it to be within the affordable range ...I wouldn't try to insult him by making a stupid offer on his!!!......Allen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.