Transmission Cooler - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2002, 23:24   #1 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Transmission Cooler

Does the ED have a built in transmission cooler?

thanks
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2002, 01:20   #2 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

tranmission cooling normally goes thru the radiator otherwise theres a external/seperate small lil transmission cooler fitting infront of it ..

tow packs, ex chasers have it on ef/els.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:46   #3 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

My EA came with one standard, it had the tow pack with it also standard. Have a look infront of the radiator, if you see a another small lil radiator type thing you've got one. Trace the pipes back to make sure

Also how effective are the standard coolers? they're not very big and the oil has to travel a fair way to get to the actual cooler
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:43   #4 (permalink)

They are effective ehough on a stock motor...how ever the best thing to do is to buy a biggest cooler you can fit or afford & bypass the radiator pipes so that the tranny oil only goes into the new cooler & not the radiator...This will reduce the heat transfer to the radiator water & vice versa & with the bigger cooler you can fit more oil which will help the transmission cooling & prolong it's life
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 15:45   #5 (permalink)
EB wagon

Strange?!

Hey guys, you people are talking about a little radiator thing for the transmission cooler. Ive looked on mine and i dont have one yet i can see the 2 pipes running from the radiator to the tranny!
Ive got the standard radiator on the engine side and the other big radiator thinggo is the A/C condenser isnt it? Or is this the tranny cooler? if so where is the a/c condenser?

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 18:38   #6 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

It appears you have no trans cooler. The Ford ones while appearing small are good in that they are designed so the fluid only flows through them when it's hot. And you can always buy two from a wrecker and fit them in series,
Old 07-02-2002, 19:45   #7 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I looked at the front of my car, there is no small radiator but there are two realy big ones, I'd say this is the Engine one and the A/C one. I have two horns, hehehe how cool.

Did someone say that the tranny cooler goes into the radiator?
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline