Ford Forums banner

Transmission Noise on Gt"s

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Noboss 
#1 ·
Has anyone noticed any transmission noise up through the shifter in 3rd gear? its not excessive but a little annoying ,was wondering if it was common ???

#2 ·
yeah, mine gets a slight rattle under load. Most noticed in 4th on mine. I understand this is common. I discussed it with my dealer service department - they said it was the standard gear knob and that the optional one would deaden the rattle. I have never heard such a load in my life (what better way to try and get you on the options, even after you have bought the car!!)

I now just rev it harder and let that gorgeous sound from the rear block out any rattle.

Enjoy, and welcome to the club.

#5 ·
mine isn't a GT, but is a XR8 auto with Momo shifter havn't noticed any noise.

#7 ·
Hi Mondie, the auto in a T3 and the auto in the BA GT are two different autos, the BA Boss engine cars have the new M97-019 auto..

#9 ·
i assumed the newgtowner owned a gt because he didnt say which auto he was talking about,so i just looked at his name, it had gt in it. does anyone know what auto hes talking about??
thx:)

#13 ·
Mine vibrates and 'pulses' in neutral, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. It's particularly bad when towing causing the clutch pedal to make my feet feel like Sven is working down there and my hands have to be consciously kept off the gear knob.

I have one observation about this. Ford would never consider this to be acceptable for their pussbox autos, so why allow such massive NVH in the manuals?

I drove Ford L9000s B-double rated with Eaton non-synchro 13 speed boxes and Detroit Series 60 and the gear stick and clutch in those was better than my FPV.

Sorry, facts are facts. The gearbox may be strong but saying they're all like that is not good enough. The Holden/HSV box has it's shortcomings but give me the choice and.......

#14 ·
Sounds like yours is a lot worse than just a bit of a rattle in 3rd. I guess you've jumped up and down about it. Have you complained through all channels, or tried another dealership who may be more keen to "look after" you. I know what its like when you start hitting brick walls for what are legitimate claims. It took 8 mths to get a crash pad replaced which was reported as faulty 2 hours after taking delivery of the car.

#15 ·
Aussie Pete said:
I have one observation about this. Ford would never consider this to be acceptable for their pussbox autos, so why allow such massive NVH in the manuals?
hi pete, i love my pussbox auto it dosn't have any trouble.
Just wondering looking at what poeple are saying about the manual box, which one is puss??

#16 ·
Dont get any of the above in my T3. Just the rattle at idle and a bit notchy when cold. Sweet as a nut otherwise.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.