U.S aod?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 05:18   #1 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

U.S aod??

Has anyone thought of fitting a U.S aod into there cars?? The advantage of this on a modded motor is you can use the U.S eec's and be able to program with eec tunner or TwEECer?? Esp if you have trans troubles???
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2003, 16:59   #2 (permalink)
Still Dazed and Confused

I'm not sure what you're asking but I have fitted an f100 AOD to a 94 Mustang 5.0. It was a direct bolt on.
The AOD is basically a C4 with an overdrive and will bolt straight on to the Windsor.
The AOD/E is both EEC-4 or 5 friendly and can be programmed to suit your application.
If you have some more details I might be able to help you.
rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 17:21   #3 (permalink)
NOS + Boost = Fun

i am going to fit one to my eb behind a 302. But i have heard that the starter motor on these is on the oposite side to the btr 4spd auto, and has problems clearing the steering box. I could be wrong on this, and would like to hear if anyone else has done this conversion on a modern falcon.
(I'll work it out one day)
Hilux Diff - 4.1 Detroit Locker
BlownV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 18:45   #4 (permalink)
Still Dazed and Confused

67 pony

The AOD's (as you are sitting in the car) have the starter motor on the right hand side. The C4/C6 are on the left hand side.
There are threee types of starter motors you can get for this type of application with the AOD.
1:Solenoid type
2:Clapper type
3.Bosch Reduction Gear type

The solenoid and the clapper types are from the Ftrucks and the clapper is the better of the two as it has a higher torque rating than that of the solenoid, but from what I've been told it is also slightly larger( I think?). Bosch make an aftermarket reduction gear type and is smaller and torqier than the aforementioned. The only disadvantage is that is costs three times as much.
As for fitting an AOD in the EB and clearances from the steering componentry, I'm not all that sure but maybe the solenoid or the bosch might be the way to go.

Also the advantages of the AOD is that you get it to handle 400-500 ponies, and I think (but don't quote me), I have heard of a chap that had one rated to 550+.

Have you considered the AOD/E? (Electronic version)
rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 20:57   #5 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Ebxr,
I Had an AOD in my XR which is the non-electronic one.
The AODE/4R70W is the electronic version you are refering to.
If you were to use a '94-'95 Mustang EECIV you could run both your engine and gearbox. Then add the Tweecer and recal the whole shebang.
Have you checked out the Lentech stuff?
I have a friend with an EA with the plain AOD. He has used a small gear reduction starter to allow his headers to clear.
I think he has spent around $6500 so far on this gearbox. It has the 4R70W wide ratio gearset, a lentech valve body, Art carr deep pan, 300m one piece input shaft and Stallion 2800 stall. The one piece input means no torque converter lockup.

Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline