Ford Forums banner

Visual difference between LSD and one-legger

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  T_Terror 
#1 ·
Hi, ive got an EA that i just replaced the diff on. It had a stuffed single-spinner before and i chucked in a 3.23 that i bought off the wreckers.
Now when i was putting it in, for the life of me i couldnt pick the difference between the two. I havent changed the diff oil yet or run in the motor so im not keen on doin burnouts to see if it is LSD.

Does anyone know any ways to identify the type of diff from the outside? It came out of a EA Fairmont Ghia (i saw it), was LSD standard on them?

Thanks

#2 ·
Does anyone know any ways to identify the type of diff from the outside? It came out of a EA Fairmont Ghia (i saw it), was LSD standard on them?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

i would be 99% sure if it came from a ghia/furlane/ltd/XR6or8 it would be LSD
can't remember if that model had a rubber oil fill plug but if i remember correctly if its red its LSD, it should also have a tag saying spin resistant diff or something and to use LSD oil etc

IFF ALL ELSE FAILS LIFT BOTH REAR WHEELS AND HAVE CAR IN NUETRAL(CHOCK FRONT WHEELS OF COURSE) AND TURN ONE WHEEL, IF THE OTHER WHEEL TURNS THE SAME DIRECTION ITS lsd OTHER WISE ITS not
SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.