whats with my f350 clutch??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 08:46   #1 (permalink)
greaser

whats with my f350 clutch???

I have a 2000 f350 super duty, powerstroke. Recently I had the slave cylinde replaced for the clutch which is hydraulic of course. My manual says that its self adjusting, but the problem is this, I've got tons of free play in the pedal, and then at the very end of the stroke I finally get some resistance. But even with the pedal all the way to the floor I can barely get it in gear, like the the preasure plate and clutch disc aren't seperating completely. I checked the reseviour for fluid and Its fine. Anybody got any Ideas?
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2006, 18:56   #2 (permalink)
wasnt me

Re: whats with my f350 clutch???

those are terrible for bleeding out all the air, i've found that if you just keep pumping the pedal it will get it out but ittakes awhile, even when it feels good and you think youre done the next morning the pedal will be low again, just the first few days though. sit there and pump it until your legs are numb and when you can shift without gear clash then drive around if you want(more interesting to use the clutch driving around then sitting in the driveway staring blankly out the windshield i do believe). post again if its still stubborn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline