Why I hate autos - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2004, 05:19   #1 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Why I hate autos

I am sick of these auto transmision problems I have been having .... give me a manual anyday !!!

On my trip last week I noticed a definate slip into third when the gearbox was under load eg: going up huge hills in power mode with the foot down (but not over the speed limit ) this only seemed to happen when the car warmed up nicely... not overheated ........ just at a normal drving temp.

This is a 4spd auto in a EBII, it has just been put in about 5 weeks ago & was given a service & all the rubber bits replaced before being put in ........

I havent had to put her under load until now as we have nice flat country out here ....... What could it be ???????

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2004, 08:17   #2 (permalink)
no tire smoke no fun!

Re: Why I hate autos

i suggest you get a trans cooler

There is a war inside my head, if I take a day off I'll die!

This cat, is cat, a cat, good cat, way cat, to cat, keep cat, a cat, idiot cat, busy cat, for cat, 20 cat, seconds cat! Now read it all without the word cat!
zbenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 17:03   #3 (permalink)

Put a T5 in :)
I got fed up with the friggin' auto as well.
Its in the shop today getting put in!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:57   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Lees,

If your talking about the a noisy/grindy down change underload uphill on the rare occasion, then i think it's normal for the BTR 4 speed pre AU to do that.
I've had an EL falcon do that. It's a characteristic that happens 1 in a 100 times but it does happen. A friend who use to work in our company said that it happened to his EF futura as well. I was with a friend in his EL and it did it on kickdown at 110km/h.

But yeah first time it did that, i almost shat myself as the sound is pretty scary.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 17:42   #5 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Its not so much a noisy grindy sound but more a slipping feeling & sound .......it happens on the up gear change. There doesnt seem to be a problem with down changes as yet.

I had a mate in the car with me when we were travelling along the freeway from Newcastle & there are a few decent sized climbs there. The first time it did it wasnt untill all the working bits got warmed up & we thought that was normal, then as we got further it happened on lesser hills.

We were going up the Blue Mountains through Bells Line road & my mate was driving it (keeping her honest in his words ) and it was as bad as ever. Then when she cools down again the changes are smooth as. I had thought it was because I had never really given her a bootfull up until this trip but it seems to happen on any decent incline now and only when under load ...... am I to never give her a bootfull again till I get a manual :(

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline