Ford Forums banner

XF manual conversion

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CHONXF 
#1 ·
hey everyone,
im looking at converting my auto XF to manual. just wondering if anyone knows a good (and cheap) place for the labour. i will already have all required parts. also an idea on labour cost? any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

Paul.

#2 ·
Its not as hard as you think to change it over yourself. First of all your undo the 2 bolts holding the steering column up, then when u have dropped that down...you will see 2 more bolts holding your pedal box in. There will be 2 other bolts on the firewall also holding it in. Then pop the clip off your brake pedal that comes from the brake master cylinder under the dash. Unscrew the brake switch while your there. Then basically its a straightforward reversal to put new pedal box in. Your firewall should already have a hole for the clutch cable to go through...unless your gonna run a hydraulic setup. Then its a matter of dropping the old box out..putting the new one in. Otherwise like you asked...if you want some1 else to do it, will prolly be about $400-700 depening who u see

ViGiLaNtE

#5 ·
thanks mate,
i've actually found a mate who's gonna give me a hand and we're going to do it ourselves like you said. should sve me a bit of cash! thanks again.

Paul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.