xr6 manual - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2001, 09:46   #1 (permalink)

xr6 manual

Have owned a AU XR6 for about a month and have started to notice that gearbox is increasingly difficult to change into 1st gear particularly when stop starting in trafic or going from reverse to 1st when parking. Another owner told me this is normal for the box and his car is the same. I had a NRMA inspection done for warranty purposes and they said ther is a problem with the gearbox 'binding' or something and I should get it checked out. Ford dealer couldn't find a problem with it but I'm not sure how hard they looked. Do any other owners have thoughts on this?
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2001, 20:00   #2 (permalink)

g'day dave my auxr6 has a similar problem hard getting into 1st &2nd gear but also really noisy as well.when going from 1st to second thers a clunking noise i was sure it sounded like it was coming from the diff. took it back to ford and they reckon the noise is "normal under load" and it's just a noisy box i reckon ford must know theres some sort of problem and are just playing dumb how could a new car make such an annoying noise?
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline