XR8 Shift Kit: - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2005, 04:07   #1 (permalink)
'XR Machine'

XR8 Shift Kit:

Hello fellow FF buddy's,
Just wanting some advice on my AU, series 2 XR8. Its an auto, and i am wanting a little bit more get up and go, what do yous suggest?
Any proven mods? Like shift kit, high stall? Gears...
Also, i am in melbourne, so i am looking for a trustworthy joint to be able to install and tune of the car for me... maybe even chip down the track.
Any of you had a fantastic experience or continue to, with a Ford Specialiasts...
Thanking you in anticipation,
Carlos
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2005, 04:54   #2 (permalink)
XR82GO

Re: XR8 Shift Kit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Hello fellow FF buddy's,
Just wanting some advice on my AU, series 2 XR8. Its an auto, and i am wanting a little bit more get up and go, what do yous suggest?
Any proven mods? Like shift kit, high stall? Gears...
Also, i am in melbourne, so i am looking for a trustworthy joint to be able to install and tune of the car for me... maybe even chip down the track.
Any of you had a fantastic experience or continue to, with a Ford Specialiasts...
Thanking you in anticipation,
Carlos
No point in doing diff gears in a AU V8 Auto, its been proven time and time again that the ECU's torque maps cancel the gain out by ripping timing out. Nothing available to us can fix this yet. Mine is one example.
Stall convertors are touch and go as well. 2800rpm is the limit and even still some cars go into limp home mode at that. Dominator convertors seem to be the brand to go for though if you want to take the gamble.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 16:10   #3 (permalink)
'XR Machine'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylox
No point in doing diff gears in a AU V8 Auto, its been proven time and time again that the ECU's torque maps cancel the gain out by ripping timing out. Nothing available to us can fix this yet. Mine is one example.
Stall convertors are touch and go as well. 2800rpm is the limit and even still some cars go into limp home mode at that. Dominator convertors seem to be the brand to go for though if you want to take the gamble.
Doesn't look to promising for us AU XR8 (auto) owner's out there!! Is your xr the 200kw spec model? What other mods, apart from tranny updates have you made, with relaible and consistent RWKW gains??
Im at the point, where i wanna sell the old girl and and mayb even get a SS... those LS1 edit's are amazing!
But i so wanna make sumthin outta the XR (galaxy blue)... dump on ass majorily... with the best gear in springs/shockers & camber kit... mandle bent 2 1/2 inch exhaust..high flow cats, with herrod extractors, SS CAI, k&n panel filter... bigger throttle body (70mm)... but it still feels like a slug??
So sad isn't it...the old windsor just doesn't have any get up and go!
Only thing going for the AU, is the entiror look & charcoal leather trim.. and one of the best audio systems floating around in Melb... but that doesn't make your 1/4 mile times any quicker hey? If anything... makes it slower coz more weight in the boot.. lol
Ford Forum guys, im in dilema mode and at the cross roads.. dont know where to go???
Old 05-25-2005, 22:08   #4 (permalink)

see link 11.72sec au xr8
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2136/article.html
elford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
XR82GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by elford

Paste the rest of the article in here

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 20:40   #6 (permalink)
'XR Machine'

Call me simple.. lol but i cant seem to access the full article...
Wat tranny work has been done?
I really need some trustworthy advice to get my Windsor moving..
Old 06-12-2005, 06:45   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Call me simple.. lol but i cant seem to access the full article...
Wat tranny work has been done?
I really need some trustworthy advice to get my Windsor moving..
Hi Buddy,
One thing i have tried [on a customers car] is the haltech interceptor. We fit it to an AU XR8 not sure if it was 200KW or 220KW but it had the hand built engine in it. The car was a bit of a slug when it came in but after fitting one of these,we ended up picking up approx 23 rwhp which may not sound like much,but it was enough for the owner to get some smoke off the tyres while leaving [never did that before],and also keep in mind that automatics sap more horsepower than a manual [on the dyno]...
Cheers
EB on boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:11   #8 (permalink)

why not put a bigger cam in it?
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline