Ford Forums banner

1988 Falcon Engine

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jamesk 
G
#1 ·
Hey i know that EA's have a problem with the HeadGasket but is there anyway to fix the problem without a new engine. On my car it is starting to go but not quite yet.

My engine is a 3.3L CFI. It lacks a bit of power but is good on fuel. do you think a set of extractors and new exhaust would make any difference to the performance.

Alot of people like EA's, for me i like the room inside ( i have a six seater) But i want to know if they are reliable once the problems are fixed.eg headgasket etc.

Can EA's look sporty (with lowered suspension and body kit) and can they perform as well.

I don't have alot of money since i'm a student so i have to stick with my EA.

What are your thoughts?

#2 ·
I can help with one of those questions. Visit the page below, and see for yourself if EAs can look sporty enough for your liking...

ford.i8.com/othereas.htm

G
#3 ·
Hey there,

EA's can look sporty in a conservative kinda way. In my opinion, body kits ruin the look of the Ea. But if you want to upgrade the plastics of the car, the only decent mod that can actually look good, is maybe upgrade the front spoiler. But nothing too outrageous.
But that's just my opinion.

To make an EA look nice, all u really need to do, is chuck in some tough looking 17" mags with 235 tyres, lower it 40mm (this is about as low as u can go to keep urself insured, and your driveway scratchfree... if it's steep), clear front indicators, and off with the mudflaps. um, well that's all i'd do neway.

All cars 10+ years old r gonna have the ongoing problems, my EA, has had no major problems, apart from the engine cooling system and shit like that but EA's have got a bad rep, and the 3.9 is a tough, long lasting engine.

Cya,

Dave

G
#6 ·

All Alloy headed Falcons (XE? onwards) have had headgasket problems, even AUs blowing them isnt uncommon.
But so do alot of Jap and Euro Iron block/Alloy head cars also.

If you want more power go a 5speed and a 4.0L MPI conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.