1994 F150 engine transplant - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 12:13   #1 (permalink)

1994 F150 engine transplant

Im wanting to put a Mustang 5.0 in my 94 F150 which I drive daily. I understand that the roller motor is timed like a 351W. So heres my question...How do I get around that as far as timing goes? My truck is a 5.0 as well, hyd flat tappet I believe. Hey, any help would be appreciated!
old-truck-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2007, 19:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1994 F150 engine transplant

I'm not sure why you would want to work around the firing order. Why not leave it like it is? Or maybe I missed something. If I were doing this transplant I would pull the whole engine out of the Mustang and use the ECU and things from it as well.
Sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35   #3 (permalink)

Well it is a 1985 5.0, and is a carb motor. Bummer I know. I figured I might find a roller cam w/a normal 302 firing order. The 302HO, is timed different than a normal(truck)302 right? If it is wouldnt this interfere with the computer?
Old 03-23-2007, 18:37   #4 (permalink)

I thought you were doing a swap with same year model engines. I think it would be ok because the computer only advances or retards the timing as it needs to. I dont think it actually reads a particular firing order. So, with your throttle body and intake inplace, the computer shouldnt have any trouble with it. I dont see any reason it wouldnt work out ok. I could be missing something but it seems reasonable to believe all would be well.
Sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 15:16   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Sand, that sounds logical. I jus couldnt wrap this ole arkansas mellon around it! Ha Ha! Well I guess I should worry about what cam, pistons etc Im gonna put in it. Again Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech